Monday, March 8, 2010

The Sky Tower - Monday 9th March

After grabbing some lunch with Danny and Emily everyone jumped on the bus to the zoo.
The weather as it has been since I've been here, was gorgeous, barely a cloud in the sky!
It was a short walk to the zoo from the bus station and it all looked very promising until I saw the price. $20, and for the limited time we were going to be there it wasn't a great price but hey, I hadn't been to a zoo in ages.
We didn't get to see much of the animals (mainly because we spent too much time looking at the meerkats and tigers). The highlight for me was going into the tunnels underneath the meerkat enclosure and being able to pop my head up into the bubbles and see them, at one point there 4 of them stood no more than 2 metres away from me!
We saw the red panda's aswell which in my eyes was disappointing, I'd never heard or seen a red panda before so I was expecting like a normal sized panda but abit red... yeeeeah they were tiny haha but still amazing creatures.
We also saw some parrots and tiny monkeys which I cant remember what they were called. We did an 'Aussie Walkabout' which was a walk through an emu and kangaroo enclosure which was cool.
Last thing I got to see was the Tigers (5 in all I think), it was there play time so we got to see them in full motion, play fighting and swimming. they were huge and only cubs! I got to speak to Sammi briefly just to say I left a little out of order in terms of how much I beat her down with my words the other night and I just wanted to be civil for the rest of the day and at the meal so there was no awkwardness, this actually made me feel alot better about myself and the situation. I still havn't forgiven either of them but I just wanted to be able to talk like we used to.
I had to leave early as I had my bar course but I was really cutting it fine to get back, get changed and then get to the bar school on time.
I got back to the hostel about 5.40 and my course was due to start at 6. ooops.
I had no time to iron my trousers and shirt, or polish my shoes! The dress code was just casual/tidy but we had made dinner reservations at the revolving restaurant in the sky tower at 9.30 so I had to go smart so I could go straight to dinner.
When I left the hostel I should of only been about 5/10mins late but stupid me forget to take the peice of paper with the address on and got hopefully lost!
I finally made it, only 20mins late!
The school was very well laid out. Tables and chairs in the middle with a bar surronding us. The tutors were very nice, Jordan's from the UK and Greg from NZ. We learnt the very basics about spirits and some cocktails (N.Z black russian, Black russian, White russian and White cuban.) We got to play bartender for the last 45mins so we could get used to being behind a bar, taking orders and mixing drinks.
The people on the course seem really cool and theres a good mix of nationalities although I think im the only brit on the course but that's cool, no dodgy scouser jokes this way!
The lads got to leave early as the girls were closing up, this gave me time to grab a quick drink with Carly before dinner.
She told me she had got a job working for her accomodation at the Hostel (she couldn't tell me this before as people in the hostel shouldnt know). I was really happy for her as she had been a little down like me but this had really cheered her up. Plus it means that if the others move on in the next few days then I still have a friend here in Auckland!
I left a little late to catch dinner (half an hour to be precise).
In the lift on the way up you could see out across Auckland and down the elevator to see how far up you had gone, quite scary really.
I got to the table and they had made they're way through starters already but I didn't want one anyway. I ordered myself a Black Russian to drink and the Lamb to eat. The food was simply amazing, the lamb was cooked to perfection, as were the potatoes and the sauce was mouth watering! It was almost perfect timing, as soon as I had finished my main, we had done a whole 360 degrees around Auckland. The views were breath taking, with everything lit up and dark spots where the harbours and ports were.
I think the fact that I had spoke to Sammi before made for a much better atmosphere on the table, I realised I still had feelings for her despite what had happened but atleast I knew what was going on in my head and I could supress them and not let them dictate me like before.
We ordered desert, I went for the Mint Creme Brulee which again was amazing. The only problem I have with food is that the nicer it tastes, the quicker I eat it. The others had to get in quick if they wanted to taste it! Im sure the meal made me put on weight because when I went to the toilet, I went to adjust my belt and the bloody thing popped and broke on me which took ages to fix!
We were the last to leave and left after the restaurant had stopped revolving!
The plan was to then go to the Globe bar for a few more goodbye drinks but I just wanted to go back to bed as I was shattered.
I had a drink and a shot then said ciao to the others. I asked Sammi to come outside so I could say bye to her properly and clear the air. I told her how I really felt about everything and not like the other night when I was just ranting and raving at her. We said our goodbyes and went our seperate ways. I just went to bed when I got back so I could get some good sleep as it was already 1am.
I woke up in the morning, packed my bag and went downstairs to book myself back into the others room as I knew Sammi and Lucy were leaving that morning.
I got my key and went upstairs, only to find that they had over slept and missed their bus! I dunno what they're doing now, probaly catching another bus today. We'll have to see later

No comments:

Post a Comment