Saturday, March 6, 2010

Albert Park Concert - Sunday 7th March

Everyone else got back to the room a couple of hours after me, I was just lying on my bed feeling sorry for myself but after awhile Carly had come in the room dressed and ready to go out. I wasn't feeling it at first but I decided that I was going to stop feeling sorry for myself and go out. I quickly showered and changed ready to get on it again. The mood in the room was still really awkward but that comes part and parcel with the situation.
Me and Carly went down the hostel bar (Fusion) to wait for everyone else to come down. The queue for the food was massive so we got some drinks straight away. I had a 2-4-1 on house drinks card so I went for the double vodka coke swiftly. I made my way through them and 2 more in the time Carly had drank half a pint. While we were waiting for the others we got talking and it took my mind off things. The bar we were in reminded me of Apres/Alpine back home and was really cool. The others came down and this is where I went into my shell again, I got 2 more drinks to take my tally for the night to 6 doubles. The queue died down for food and I got my free meal, bangers and mash. Well it was more like smash and a cocktail sausage!
Me and Carly got on rounds and had a pint of lager, then some jaegerbombs at the bar before leaving for the Fat Camel with everyone. I quickly got myself another pint and made my way through it quicklym, it was at this point me and Danny made our way round the bar talking to girls in an attempt to cheer me up. To be honest, I was just hoping to make Sammi jealous even though I knew it would to be to no avail. I sat down with Carly for the rest of the night in the camel and we moved onto cocktails. Its this point I lose count of how much I was drinking and even what I drinking. She could see I was down in the dumps and suggested we sneak back to Fusion to get away from the problem. The good thing with Carly is shes so ditzy you can't help but laugh no matter how shit you're feeling.
We stayed in Fusion for abit before leaving to go back to our rooms. When I got back to the room Sammi was already there. After a few minutes of awkward silence I thought fuck it, im going to lay it all on her. At First I just wanted her to no how upset and crushed I felt but that quickly moved on to just wanting to make her feel as bad as i felt and 2 inches tall.
I think I succeeded and at the time I had no remorse despite seeing that she had been crying throughout our 'conversation'.
I went to bed and set my alarm early so that I could sneak off without anyone seeing me leave. I think I failed on that as I think pretty much everyone was half awake while I was packing, I felt like such a coward, running away from the first sign of conflict but I just had a constant feeling of being sick while I was in that room.
I booked myself into the hostel down the road and had 3/4 hours to kill before I was allowed to move in. I went down to starbucks to get some breakfast and think properly about it all. I barely ate what I ordered and decided to go back to the hostel and listen to my Ipod in the lounge while I waited.
I tried ringing Carly and Danny but got no answer so I thought I'd blag my way back into the hostel they were staying in so that I could see what they were doing today as we were going to do some retail therapy.
They had all checked out, well I thought so anyway. I went for a walk up Queen St. and bumped into Danny and James, they told me they were going the park for the concert so we grabbed some booze and headed up there.
When I got there I quickly realised I was abit of a 5th wheel as Danny was with Emily who was one of the girls from bar and obviously Lucy and James were together but I sucked it up and tried to make the most of it. The sun was burning and the music was faint and crap really.
The park was lovely but I was struggling not to think about the past days events and how in such a short space of time it had all changed. I spoke to Lucy alot about it all and she comforted me and told me she had been in my position before and completely understood how I was feeling.
The red mist from the night before had subsided away and I was feeling less pissed off and more just upset. They kept talking about Waiheke Island but I was finding it hard not to think about the time I spent with Sammi on it and how it felt so wasted now.
We left the park and headed for some food. I was planing on sitting in the room with the others before we went out tonight but Lucy had told me Sammi was on her way back from her visiting her family. Suddenly I felt sick all over again and promptly left to come back to the hostel where I am now. Im in limbo about whether I am going to go out tonight or just give it a miss as it'll be the 2 couples and then me and Sammi but they are going to ring me when they're heading and if they're new room mate and Carly jump along I might show my face

No comments:

Post a Comment