Saturday, December 4, 2010

Return To Waiheke

I don’t know how long it’s been since I last wrote in here so I’m going to guess at about a week. I’m currently just sat at my desk in the gym waiting for my appointment to come in so to pass the time I’m going to write my blog entry. I have pretty much just been working all the time recently and it’s been pretty enjoyable, it also helps that I am beating my revenue targets most nights which isn’t going un-noticed, pay rise fingers crossed!
I have had time to go out and party a bit, not that I remember much of this! Despite saying I was going to save money for Wellington by not going out, I’ve just needed to blow off some steam and ended up hitting the pub crawl. Tuesday was Sammy Spinnetto’s birthday so I took the day off and joined him, Ed, Mark, Tuema, Jason, Marc, Jenna, Katy and Trashy on the Beachbum bus for the day. First beer 9am and downhill from there. It was an awesome day and great to be back on the island. We did the usual nudey beach, supermarket for beers then down to Onetangi beach for a bbq and a topgun style game of volleyball. We only had time for the 1 vineyard but by this time we were all pretty sloshed and ended up rushing to get on the ferry. Sam ended up falling asleep on the ferry so he got abused badly... tried to get up... fell into katy sending her flying and smacking her head on the chair. We were all obviously very concerned... after we stopped laughing.
It was the end of Movember which meant as soon as we got off the ferry we ran upto Globe for a few celebratory drinks before showering and going to Cassette. My memory fades in Globe to be honest but I hear I was quite a nuisance.
I think that by the end of this week I’m going to hand in my notice at the gym, its great and pays well but purely because of what time the shifts are that I’m working, it’s messing up my body clock and every week I dread getting up for work as I’m only managing a couple of hours sleep Friday and Saturday night. I ended up closing up the bar real early Friday night as I knew I wasn’t going to get much sleep.
Work at the moment is a big point of discussion and I’m ready to burst at the seams with excitement as there is something big on the horizon either in Auckland or Wellington. I can’t give away much about what could be going down in Auckland but I could end up managing the biggest bar in Auckland by February. Wellington I can talk about as it’s only a possibility and probably won’t happen but if I talk to the right people and get some luck then it could go ahead. I was speaking to Menz about Wellington and saying that I’m intrigued to see what the bar is like down there as it’s doing shit at the moment. He went on to say that they had gone through 4 managers in the last year and he’s pretty sure the one in charge at the moment is going to get pushed up and that someone from our bar will probably be going down there to take the job. He’s going to recommend me, aparantly.
Things are going well with Michelle, my phone bill is going to be huge next month though! We’re both excited for me to go down on Monday and hopefully if the price of tickets are not too much then she’s going to be coming up for my birthday. I plan on surprising her on new year’s eve as well but that depends on money I have available at the time. I can see this being an expensive time for me but it’s worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment