Saturday, December 11, 2010

Codeine is the shit

Yesterday was the Kiwi Experience Naughty 'n' Nice industry party at the camel. I had the night off work, as I did on Thursday so I did exactly the same during the day which was ice my hip, have something to eat, take my drugs then pass out in bed. Me and Michelle ended up having a little arguement on the phone but It was just due to abit of miscommunication and me over reacting. Gaz might be right, I am going abit soft now haha.
I ended up going down the camel for the meal and staying a little bit for the Industry party, I thought it was only right considering I had been on
all the promo stuff and the numbers were going to be low as Stray were sending 50 industry people down to Raglan for a surf camp.
Bit of a dick move on their part as Kiwi didn't do anything like that when Stray held their party this year.
The party was abit mellow compared to previous Industry's but as soon as the DJ arrived to picked up again and I saw this as the perfect time to retire home
as people were starting to get drunk and bump into eachother which wasn't doing my hip any favors. The swellings gone down and I'm getting more movement but
the bruising has got bigger and blacker which is concerning but I'm going to leave it and hope the drugs and icing continue to work.
It was good to get a good nights sleep and actually wake up for work at the gym not tired for once. I phoned up in advance warning them about my hip
so I've luckily got no appointments today as I wouldn't be able to demonstrate anything.
The only bad thing about having not worked Thursday and Friday is now I'm struggling to boost my hours at The camel which would pay my rent for this week.
I've just down the math and if I work until 4am tonight and pull out an 11 hour shift tomorrow, I am still $50 short of rent and I havn't even taken tax off yet. This will be interesting trying to lend money off people for this week. Me and Gaz have already both missed rent one week so we are changing when we pay to the day after we get payed to avoid this happening again. It's also more and more likely that I will transferring to Wellington as me and Menz were talking about why possibly the bar down there was doing crap and he thinks I would be perfect for it and is keeping an ear out for any news about the managers job there. I could do with the better money and after spending a few days with Michelle in Welly, I've realised that I've ended up getting stuck in Auckland just working and not really having any time to do the fun stuff I should be doing as a traveller so I'm letting my contract run out at the gym in Feb. Leaving me more time to enjoy myself and by then I'll have it sussed what I'm doing for my last year in NZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment