Saturday, February 5, 2011

February 2011

It's the 1st week in Feb and quite fiting that nearly a year into my time here I happened to bump into 2 of the guys I came out with. It was just a normal Friday night, nothing special then who should wander in for a drink but James and Paul. James is heading home in 2 weeks as he only had the 1 year visa and Pauls just been granted his 2nd year so he's going to continue working at Sky City and we arranged to meet up for a beer at some point. An old flame from the UK got back in touch and to be honest, at a good time aswell as it's helped me get over Michelle almost
completely now I think. She's thinking of coming out here and travelling as a gap year. It'll be awesome if that happens because even if we decide to just travel as friends I know the 2 of us would have a ridiculously good time as we're too good of friends for anything to be wierd.
Now, as Naked Ste is well truely back (The sign above the bar stating how many nights i've been sober is back up and that is when it's official) I feel it's time to tell some drunken stories. Last Saturday I was just having a few drinks in the bar and chatting away to a few cougars before leaving for cassette with Frienz Mark and Emma who was back from the Paihia for a few days and crashing at mine. Emma got ridiculously drunk so I gave her my keys and told her to keep her phone on so I could ring her when I needed to get in. I ended up going back to Cassette and couldn't of been there more than half an hour before I was just stood outside minding my own business until Kirsten (one of the girls that came to Waiheke Island) joined me. I didn't even manage to get a word out of my mouth before she blurted out that French Jo had told her I fancied her and she asked if we could go back to mine. And they say chivalry is dead hey.
1 problem. She had been sleeping with an irish mate of ours called Ed, who I've known for a few months now. He happened to confess that he liked her a lot although he was leaving on Tuesday to go meet up with a girl and travel with her. After her giving some bull shit excuse for why she was leaving the bar we darted out the side door and took the long way round the hostel to go to mine. She ended staying for a few nights before she departed for the Bay of Islands. We still keep in touch and said we'd meet up again but it's definately not another Michelle situation. Just lust haha. Thursday was a comical one. I stayed behind after my shift to have some half price drinks and was so pumped to get my party hat on. Me and Ed now give eachother so much banter over the microphone that I now love working the Pub Crawl. I caught up with the crawl in Globe and got hounded straight away. Usually I have to put effort in to get chatting to the girls but not at all this night. It has to be said I did enjoy it a little bit too much I think but it was nice to have 2 girls almost fighting over you. I ended up leaving with a russian girl and once back at mine she started crying into my pillow randomly before things we about to get started. I found out it was because she was a virgin and scared. I said to her that its probaly best that her first time isnt with me and she could stay the night and i'll walk her back to the hostel in the morning. She continued to cry and got it out of her that she needed to be sick so i took her the toilet and held her hair back. She got up and went to give her a hug, whilst doing so I was lucky enough to get vomitted on!
Saturday after work I went out for a few drinks with some guys from the hostel. It was a birthday so i said I would show them some of the delights of Auckland on a budget. We went up to fort st union and met up with the guys from Nomads Fusion. We shortly left for Globe but didn't stay long, I started hooking up with Katie, an american chick and we left to have some drinks at The Albion near me. Not before climbing the massive sculpture outside the ASB Bank tower. While I was at the Albion the general manager was asking about where I was working and stuff. He told me to come in to Shakespeares with my CV once I got my managers certificate. Sounds promising. I don't know if I want to leave the travellers circle quite yet though. If I move into the private room then I may look elsewhere for better money but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment