Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dress Up Week

Tuesday me and Gaz decided we would run down to Mission bay and catch up with the Nomads day trip. We really did miscalculate how far it was and was completely dead when we got there... about an 8km run with bags on our bags and passing the rugby ball all the way.good fucking workout.
We caught the bus on the way back and stopped by the camel for a few drinks. This was when our master idea came about, for his last night we were going to dress up as 80's as we could. After we threw our wigs, short shorts, singlets, leg warmers
and sweatbands we looked Austrian and Swedish so we ran with it. So far it could have been the funniest night of my life in nz. We had the whole of Cassette doing aerobics with us when we were on the stage.
Wednesday was Magic Buses 20th birthday party at a secret location. Theme was 'M' and therefore all guests had to dress up in something beginning with M. Nomads chose to go as Mafia and fuck did we look the party. I didn't have time to go all out on the costume so I had to improvise with my own clothes and bought the hat, suspenders and gun. We were picked up in a Magic bus and drove out to a swanky bar in Ponsonby they hired out called The Crib.
We had a free bar all night downstairs but only on house pours and house beers... loved it. At midnight we hitched the free bus back to town to go to the after party in Globe. I got chatting to an american girl called Chelsea (I thought if I was going to pick up, it definately wasn't goingto be industry... I learnt my lesson after the toga party when I was caught kissing Cat from Stray.)We hit O'Hagans on Vulcan Lane and then Father Teds. When I realised Eddie and Gaz were both out andI couldnt get in the flat I ended up going back to her dorm in Base.
It was all good until I went the toilet in the morning and got caught by Matt from Frenzi. There goes my cover. Immediately he text everyone we both knew saying he caught me in Base.
Thursday was the pub crawl and Kevin's birthday so we all dressed up in cowboys and indians. I was still real hungover from the past couple of nights so I didn't go hard but arranged to meet up with Chelsea again. This time I was clever, we went back to mine and avoided the inevitable hostel gossip. Although I did get some abuse jokingly from the guys that were in her room when I was working.
Friday I had the day off to recover and spent my time getting my Liqour Control Qualification sorted and flat hunting. I had few drinks down the camel in the evening and got chatting to a girl whos sister is a regular and she's showed interest in going for a drink when sometime... take it with a pinch of salt as I'm punching above my weight so much and she was drinking like me.
I got home to find out that We had to be out of the flat by Wednesday. This wouldn't have been a problem but Im up in Paihia from Monday to Thursday so I have to have all my stuff out of the flat by Monday morning.
Again can be done except that I'm opening and closing the bar both Saturday and Sunday. I've managed to have all of my stuff packed up and ready to move but the cleaning is going to be a bitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment