Monday, September 13, 2010

Sort My Life Out Week 1

Wednesday I got up and decided to spend the day away from the Hostel to avoid the Louise situation. I went down to the gym to pay off gym membership and cancel it aswell as going up to IEP to use some of the internet. On the way back I popped into the camel and ended up having a few drinks and playing some pool with Patches and the rest of the Paddys down there. I had a fairly quiet night though, just watched a movie and went to bed.
Thursday I bumped into Louise up in the kitchen and mentioned the cock blocking on Tuesday but she said it was unintentional and didn't remember talking to me at all that night which to be honest I think is bollocks as we were down in the TV room for a good hour before going to bed and she was asking me questions about what time I left and who with that night anyway. But I'm just going to let it slip and move on. Later I went down to the Belgian Beer Cafe with Eddie, Perry, Rossy, Becky and her friend Fran for a pint pulling competition. I didn't enter but took the time to indulge on free beer and food all afternoon. Me and Eddie found out we were 3rd on the bar crawl meaning we would be in work later and could have a pint at the camel but we also wouldn't get out til later. I saw Kat down there and had a drink with her before leaving for work but we did agree to meet up afterwards in Cassette as I said I would be there about half 1. I ended up being in a foul mood in work as Louise was drinking in there and it was doing my head. I couldn't wait for the shift to end so I could go meet Kat in Cassette. I didn't get there till 2.15 though and she had left by that point so I only stayed for half an hour before leaving with Mark from reception to make sure he didn't make a fool of himself when he got back to the camel to wake Emma up!
Friday I got up kinda early for me and decided that I would sort out my life. I started by filling in some forms for a job application as function staff applied for a couple of jobs on Seek.co.nz. I then text my mates asking to give me some heads up on any work. Anna got back to me telling me to come into her bar to get an application form. I cooked my dinner then headed up to see Anna. Her boss was there and he told me to come back in on Monday to speak to him and bring my CV. Before I knew it, it was time for work. I was in a much improved mood in work and for the first time in 5 weeks was actually in a good mood in work. Holly and her friends had come in again but this time bearing gifts in the shape of Burger King for me. I was very very very happy about this!
Saturday was spent down at the camel again surprise surprise but they had the rugby on and I get free coke down there so its all good. I had seen Kat again as they were going to the match and she mentioned about going round for a Sunday roast the next day. That night in work was fairly decent. I started to get sharked on again which was pleasing and kept me in a good mood all night. Dayna and Kathryn (2 students that had come in the week before and then added me on facebook) came in again and I did some groundwork on that one.
Sunday I got up about 12 and went down the camel for the Roast. They hadn't even started cooking yet so I ended up going down to Countdown with them and then helping with the cooking when we got back. While everything was in the oven we watched paranormal activity. It was an okay film but the ending we saw was shite. It was funny just to see the girls shit themselves during it though. I hung around with the boys in their room for a bit before deciding to go out on the piss with them. It was fairly mild night, just the camel bar and then down to Danny Doolan's in the harbour before coming home blind drunk!
I woke up Monday to my alarm going off and realising I had a job interview and a chat at Anna's bar.Fuck. The interview was very short but I think it went well to be honest and so did the chat with Anna's boss. I am going to get a phone call off both. I have spent the rest of the day in bed watching films and job hunting online. I've already had a reply and got an interview on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment