Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hello Kiwi Experience Bus

Tuesday morning, bright and early, me and em jumped on the kiwi bus up north to the Bay Of Islands. We pretty much just slept on the bus and booked our activity which was swimming with dolphins Wednesday afternoon. We only stopped a couple of times which was in Whangerei and a Cafe to get some food along the way.
We were staying in the Pipi Patch in Paihia again. Unfortunately the weather wasn't as good this time round so me and em just stayed in the room until it cleared up abit so we could walk to the supermarket. That night we had the BBQ and as I feared Bex who I kind of stood up the last time I was here was cooking it. I was supposed to go down to reception the morning I was leaving last time I was here, to get a job and she was getting up purely to give me a reference. She seemed a little annoyed when she saw me but that was understandable. The food was quite nice and we stayed for the pub quiz afterwards where we came last despite actually having more points than the team next to us but the quizmaster was pissed though haha.
We woke up this morning to glorious sunshine and looking forward to the dolphin watching. After about an hour of cruising around the Islands in the bay we came across a pod of about 10 dolphins and were allowed to swim with them.
They get bored really easily so wern't around us for long but luckily I managed to get right up close and personal (arms length away) twice and the second time, I could hear them singing as they swam past. It was such a sureal experience but I loved it. Tonight we just made a dodgy stir-fry and retired to the room to watch yet another movie. We leave 3pm for Auckland tomorrow so we're just going to go on a short walk and chill the whole day until we have to get the bsus.

No comments:

Post a Comment