Thursday, May 13, 2010

Queeny to Auckland

The next few days I didn't really do anything, Didn't have any money to go out and to be honest, didn't fancy it either. I wasnt waking up til mid day so i wasnt doing anything during the day. Its a great way to save money.
Me and Luke ended up picking up a cold and was really struggling with it so we literally just didnt leave our beds except to eat and when we went to the cinema again to watch the blindside. It was quality and we ended up being on the reclining leather seats on the balcony which made it even better.

Christchurch

I think we were quite thankfull to leave Queeny in the end as it was wierd not having anyone around. The sedburgh rugby boys were on our bus aswell and seemed to be struggling with the cold aswell which was good as we made a pact that we were just going to sleep. The driver had said that the journey was meant to be the worst one as it was the longest (which is true) but we slept the whole way and watched a couple of dvds so it was all good.
We got to Christchurch about 5pm after stopping off at a couple of lakes and granted they were pretty but I was finding it hard to appreciate beauty as i was so cold and ill!
The hostel in CC was a shit hole. I was so glad I was only stopping over for 1 night and leaving in the morning to get my flight to Auckland. That evening we just watched a couple of episodes of family guy and fell asleep.
I woke up in the morning still feeling shit and said my goodbyes before grabbing some breakfast and catching the shuttle bus to the airport. I felt kinda sorry for Luke as he still has 10 days on the bus feeling like crap!
It has to be said that airport security in NZ really is quite shite. I walked through with a bottle of Water the whole way and onto the flight without being questioned or told to put it in the bin... nice.
Christchurch had been blessed with a gorgeous day, unlike Auckland where there was a storm! lovely. Just what I wanted... rain, cold and wind.

Auckland

I landed about half 2 and got back to the hostel about 4 which was nice as I had time to get my stuff sorted before finding everyone. It felt really good to be back and I was put at ease when I saw Tristan and he told me to go down to reception at 9 the following morning to sort out work for accomodation.
I sat off in the boys room for a couple of hours and got caught up on all the gossip from the past few weeks and yeah, there was loads of good stuff! That evening i blagged myself a work for accomodation meal just like old times. I was treated to a suprise... As i was about to order my meal, guess who should walk in...
Dave and Biff! I had thought everyone was long gone from Auckland but their flight isnt til Saturday morning so they were staying up in Base. Aparantly Laura was knocking around Fusion aswell somewhere. Now a common theme that happens to me appears to have not died whilst I've been on my travels... Once I have a couple of drinks with my meal I end up going out. This was the case again. Yes im still ill aswell. It was an average night to be honest and only me sharon ryan the canadian and a couple of his friends went out. I bumped into Anna aswell which was nice.
This morning though- in fact all of today- has been a complete write off. Ive felt so bad.. worse than before so ive been in bed all day except for when i went to IEP to use the free internet and saw dave in the tv room in fusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment